June 10th marked significant episodes in the field of sports. Here are those, consecutively, in Philippine time:
- NBA Eastern Conference Game 7 of Miami Heat and Boston Celtics
- Manny Pacquiao versus Timothy Bradley for the former's Welterweight title
- Shakey's V-League Season 9 First Conference Finals Game 3 between University of Santo Tomas and Ateneo de Manila University
- French Open 2012 Men's Tennis Finals, Rafael Nadal versus Novak Djokovic
Having little knowledge on NBA and on basketball in general, I chose to bet for Heat over Celtics. I have to be honest I think they are a much better team since Dwayne Wade and LeBron James (two of the well-known NBA Superstars there are, and the only two I recently know about) are on the team. Hell yeah the results showed a surprising final score of 101-88, with Heat off for the Finals against Oklahoma City Thunder. A lucky ass for a basketball sucker, I have.
With all the Pinoy fans arguing with their televisions and their comrades about the loss of Pacman against Bradley, I remain calm as I had a gut feeling before the fight that it is not Pacq's destiny to win. Although it was clear that the boxer-turned-politician-turned-preacher Manny bested the bout, at the end of the game it all boils down to the decision of the judges. But hey, as far as we know that the Pinoy Pride deserved the win, we should not be furious about it okay? It's only that many must have lost on their bets including Chavit Singson who I assume to have put millions on Pacquiao's head. Sorry for you, bud.
As a volleyball buff, the game between Ateneo and UST was the most-awaited part of the day. Since there was no live television coverage of the game, I was obliged to watch the match through Internet livestream. Heck, I enjoyed the championship match (even the buffering)! Although UST had an unstable start on the first two sets, they managed to redeem their play until the fifth set. And boy, I almost fell on my chair as the score of the last set went 15-13, in favor of AdMU (which finally deactivated my goosebumps the whole time of the last two sets). But all went well, Ateneo was hailed the back-to-back V-League Champion. Hooray for the commendable hardwork of my girls Alyssa Valdez, Fille Cainglet, and Gretchen Ho!
Sorry but I am not at all interested in tennis. But it was an important portion today since a) it was French Open b) it had Rafael Nadal (the only man I know in the world of tennis so I assume he is a great tennis player). Anyway I just had to write something down here so this fourth paragraph won't be so.. undiscussed compared to the first three ones.
Nonetheless, today was a fun sports day. I hope the next Sundays will compose more of these, so my boring before-Monday routine will be out of sync.
No comments:
Post a Comment