I, Kathleen, Sweet, Rica and Nneka arrived late as we left the city at 12 noon for the lunch. Jobern and Sweet only had to take a shorter trip since their house is located somehow near the place. Others failed to come; we expected more for the trip. We took an hour on the bus coping up on chitchats before we got to have lunch. I was starved then!
When we arrived at Camille's, I was surprised to found out that the food served was that of my older brother. Yup, my older brother Dennis, the first child, owns a catering business. I didn't know that this was why Camille asked for my older brother's number awhile back, which I found really weird. I haven't replied to the text, but good thing she was able to get one from his Facebook account. Moreover, what is more interesting about this is that the older sister of Camille and my older brother Dennis were high school buddies. Camille and I happen to be either. Coincidence; it happens.
So we were there doing the usual activities friends do on a sponsored house. After we ate, we strolled on the seaside, which was not very far because the house was actually near the town's fishing port. We took pictures because Camille had a DSLR with her (but pictures aren't available yet since they were not yet uploaded). When we got bored, we went inside to play cards in one of the air-conditioned rooms. 1, 2, 3 pass didn't fail to bring out the best of our laughs. Until Rica and Nneka had to go home because they weren't permitted to sleep over the night. We we're five left as Camille's visitors.
The weather initially wasn't good so we had to wait before we could go to Jobern's where we found an alternative to sleep at their house. Their house wasn't very far from the other house of Camille's at President Roxas, Capiz so we opted to be there so we could shift places in short whiles with Jobern's multicab with him as our driver.
Night came and we were at the other house of Camille. We took our second meal treat from the lunch leftovers there. It was then that I had just realized that my older brother's food tasted very good, so I had to eat more. We had sips of wine after with a full stomach. I almost puked to be quite honest, but I got my gastric juices under control.
After the heavy dinner, we went to Jobern's for a movie. We watched House At The End Of The Street from Sweet's hard drive (all Jobern had in this laptop was porn), from a projector. Now it was large screen, on a wall, with speakers. We were excited. There were shocking scenes of course as it was a suspense movie. Too sad though, that we had to discuss after the movie because we didn't fully understand the twists. But we enjoyed it, to the point that we almost did not get back to their house because the dark road on the way was like that of the movie's. It was horrible, since Camille's house was at the end of the street. There was only one or two streetlights on the way, so the open darkness and unlit road covered us with fear on the back-open multicab. We dared the devil. Until, we got to leave Camille and back to Jobern's. This time we opted to stay at the front seat which was only fit for two plus the driver. We had to find a way so that the five of us, I, Sweet, Kat, Celeste and the driver Jobern can sit at the front for three. We actually made it work, even when we were sweating as we reached Jobern's home. We were laughing so hard for being dumbasses - who watches a suspense movie only to find out that you will experience a portion of it in real life right away?
We were so tired and we called it a day. The five of us slept in one air-conditioned room (yet again), with me and Jobern placing a foam on the floor and the three girls on the bed.
Celeste had to leave early since she had to go to Iloilo. That leaves us with the four of us at Jobern's including him. We were given breakfast and lunch there before we could even get back to the city. It was only to find out that Jobern's parents were going to Roxas for an appointment, so we hitched. No fare for us! As soon as we got to reach the city, we contacted our other pals who were just around the city if they could join us for a tambay. We even went to our alma mater to fetch our classmates in the college to see if they have class. We waited until they came to join us.
The group stayed at ACC Coffee and Crepe just a 5-minute travel after we assembled at Mark's house just near the school. I'm really into coffee, but I still ordered something. It was a good time with friends.
We went on our separate ways after the tambay there. First 2013 hangout accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment