Thursday, April 12, 2012

Summer Enrolment

I took the bus early today for Iloilo to enroll myself in the required summer classes. I haven't got any sleep for the trip since my sleeping pattern has changed in a while.
My goal was to get my grades and to enroll, and go home if both are already accomplished. With that mission in mind, I instantly headed to the school and to the Civil Engineering Department to start the whole process of the enrolment. I was in the office for an hour making myself busy for the encoding of the subjects.
The intended subjects for summer were three in all, three units each totaling the maximum of 9 allowable during summer, but I only get to encode two. The other subject already had a full section since the slots were limited. That means I, together with the others who enrolled last, have to wait for next week for the opening of a new section, which also means I will not have my old pals as classmates in one of my summer classes. That's actually sad.

Another problem is that, two grades were not yet encoded by the teachers. I had to wait for them to be released so I could enroll myself since all the grades are required to verify continuance of the scholarship I previously enjoyed. I need at least a 2.0 grade in all subjects so my scholarship will continue on until I fail to meet the grade requirements.

Given those two dilemmas, I wasn't able to enroll myself, and postpone it to next week when everything is already settled. Today I just saw my grades from last semester with two spaces left for the not yet encoded two:


 
It still looks okay for me. As long as I maintain my scholarship, that means not getting any grade
lower than 2.0, I'll be happy I could help alleviate my parents' financial suffering.

   I'm all positive that I could continue my scholarship on. But you can't take away the fact that I'm also terrified if what I'm hoping for won't come into reality. The two empty spaces for the yet to be encoded grades are consuming my disturbed soul, afraid of what the computer monitor in tomorrow will show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment